American Special Hockey Association Event Sanctioning Agreement
This agreement, entered into and between the American Special Hockey Association and ____________________________(name of Local Organizing Group/club shall be a part of the Sanction Agreement for the Event known as __________________________________(name of event) and being held on _______________________ (date or dates of the event) at the place and venue of _____________________________ (city, state and name of venue). Please carefully read the entire agreement before agreeing to these terms. In all cases,
An authorized representative of the Local Organizing Group/Club shall execute and approve this Event Sanction Agreement on behalf of the Local Organizing Group/Club, and shall be authorized to do so on their behalf. By agreeing to these terms, you are warranting that your Event shall meet the minimum event sanction requirements as outlined in the Event Sanction Agreement.
This Event Sanction Agreement (this "Agreement") is made between the following entities: American Special Hockey Association, Inc., dba: ASHA and the Event director(s) identified in the attached sanction application, and all other persons or entities connected with the production of the Event and appearing as signatories to this Agreement. In consideration of the mutual concerns and promises set forth below, the adequacy of which is hereby acknowledged, ASHA and the Local Organizing Group/Club agree as follows:
1. Event Administration: Local Organizing Group/Club agrees, covenants, warrants and represents that Local Organizing Group/Club shall:
A. Ensure that the Event complies with all of ASHA's safety requirements and guidelines, rules, regulations, policies, directives, decisions and all procedures set forth by ASHA are in effect at the time of the Event.
B. Confirm that all participating clubs and all participating participants, including athletes, coaches and volunteers are ASHA registered.
C. Reserve or obtain permission and all applicable permits from local jurisdictions for the use of ice rinks, venues, facilities, etc.
D. Conduct the Event in accordance with the current rules as specified in the applicable
E. Accept full responsibility for the management of this Event and any parties it employs, recruits and contracts with to assist with the production of said Event, including but not limited to, the supervision of volunteers.
2. Safety Guidelines: Local Organizing Group/Club agrees to meet all safety requirements as specified in the ASHA safety guidelines or otherwise established by ASHA are in effect at the time of the Event. Local Organizing Group/Club acknowledges that safety considerations may require that additional precautions or measures be taken beyond the minimum requirements established by ASHA, and Local Organizing Group/Club agrees to determine (in its sole discretion) and implement such reasonable measures to promote and conduct the Event in a safe manner. The Local Organizing Group/Club shall identify a safety director or coordinator in addition to such other personnel as may be required to carry out the event administration duties.
3. Financial Responsibilities: Local Organizing Group/Club is responsible for all costs incurred in association with the Event.
4. Membership and Waiver and Release Requirements: Local Organizing Group/Club shall confirm that all participants (including athletes, coaches and volunteers) shall be members in good standing with ASHA and shall ensure that all participants have completed the required ASHA membership forms, signed the mandatory waivers and release forms. For those persons who are not legally competent by virtue of age (i.e. a minor under eighteen (18) years of age) or mental incapacity (i.e. a mentally challenged person) to sign the required ASHA membership and participant waiver forms, the Local Organizing Group/Club shall ensure that a qualified parent or legal guardian completes and signs the required forms on behalf of such individuals before the Local Organizing Group/Club allows these individuals to participate in the Event.
5. Insurance: As part of sanctioning, ASHA's General Liability and Participant provides coverage for the protection and benefit of its Event Organizers, clubs, associations, sport disciplines, divisions and individual members in connection with ASHA-sanctioned events. Upon approval of sanctioning, General Liability certificates of insurance can be requested through the ASHA website under the insurance page. ASHA is not acting as an insurer or insurance agent. Local Organizing Group/Club shall be bound by the written terms of the insurance policy and certificates of insurance. The insurance provided by ASHA as part of the sanctioning is not all inclusive, and coverage is subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies. Local Organizing Group/Club is solely responsible for and shall determine the necessity of purchasing additional insurance policies and/or limits of coverage appropriate for the Event. Insurance is a benefit of sanctioning, and exclusion, separation or division cannot be made for either. Any non-
traditional events, or any ancillary activities, functions or events in association with the Event, shall not be covered by ASHA insurance unless such non- traditional events, activities, functions or events have been disclosed and prior approval has been granted by ASHA (and the applicable insurance underwriters, as appropriate). Local Organizing Group/Club shall be responsible to assume any and all costs not covered by ASHA insurance. Sale of alcohol at Tournament is not covered by ASHA insurance and liquor liability coverage shall be obtained elsewhere prior to receiving sanction approval. Local
Organizing Club shall notify ASHA if alcohol shall be sold or distributed at the Tournament and shall be solely responsible for compliance with any and all applicable laws and shall be solely responsible for obtaining any liquor licenses and/or permits.
6. Incident reporting/management: Local Organizing Group/Club shall promptly report all incidences and claims in accordance with the guidelines set forth in the Incident Reporting Procedures and Instructions located on the ASHA website. Local Organizing Group/Club should have "incident reports" on hand during the Event, and make every attempt to obtain witness statements as soon as practical.
7. Advertising. The Local Organizing Club may advertise the Tournament as ASHA sanctioned, following the guidelines of the limited use of ASHA trademark. ASHA shall advertise the Tournament on its website calendar. Local Organizing Club may display ASHA banners and may advertise that the Tournament is sanctioned by ASHA upon receiving written notice of approval from ASHA.
8. Use of ASHA Trademark. Local Organizing Club shall be allowed to use the ASHA logo in such a way as to imply that ASHA is the sanctioning body.
9. Media Release. Local Organizing Club hereby agrees to give ASHA and its authorized agents the right to use the Local Organizing Club and Tournament names on any written, photographic, audio or videotaped materials relating to the Tournament for advertising, promotional, commercial, educational or other purposes.
10. Indemnification: Local Organizing Group/Clubs and the entities responsible for the promotion or administration of the Event, hereby, jointly and severally, indemnifies and agrees to defend and hold harmless ASHA, its Associations, Sport Disciplines and Divisions, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, volunteers and agents (collectively, the "ASHA parties") for and against any and all claims, liabilities, demands, obligations, damages, costs of litigation, attorney's fees or other expenses related to or arising out of the organization or conduct of an Event that does not meet the minimum sanctioning requirements outlined in this Agreement. Local Organizing Group/Club HEREBY WAIVES, RELEASES, AND FOREVER DISCHARGES ASHA Parties from any and all claims, causes of action, damages and losses arising out of the
Local Organizing Organization/Club's breach or failure to abide by any part of this Sanction Agreement.
11. Modification: This agreement represents the entire agreement between both parties with respect to the sanctioning of the Event. No modification or amendment of this Agreement or waiver of any provision of this Agreement shall be valid unless it is set forth in writing and signed by all parties to this Agreement. Local Organizing Group/Club shall not modify nor shall Local Organizing Group/Club allow anyone, including participants, to modify any other ASHA documents, including, but not limited to the athlete's participant Wavier and Release of Liability form.
12. Headings: The sections and other heading contained in this agreement are intended solely for convenience of reference and are not intended to be part of or affect the meaning or interpretation of the Agreement.
WHEREFORE, intending to be legally bound by the terms hereof, the Local Organizing Group/Club has agreed to the terms of this Agreement on the date as indicated by his/her/its approval of this Agreement.
WHEREFORE, by the Local Organizing Group/Club voluntarily agreeing to these terms, Local Organizing Group/Club warrants understanding and acceptance of all terms and conditions of this Agreement. This Agreement and its benefits are not transferable.
AGREED TO AND BY:
___________________________________ASHA signature ___________________________________ Printed Name ___________________________________ Date
___________________________________ Local Organizing Group/Club signature ___________________________________ Printed Name ___________________________________Date
EVENT IS NOT CONSIDERED APPROVED AND/OR SANCTIONED UNTIL THIS SANCTION AGREEMENT AND APPLICABLE APPLICATION IS APPROVED BY ASHA AND SIGNED DOCUMENTS ARE RECEIVED IN THE USA ASHA CROFTON, MARYLAND HEADQUARTERS.